Why nature-based solutions?
Nature-based solututions are actions to protect, sustainably manage, and restore natural and modified ecosystems, that address societal challenges effectively and adaptively, simultaneously providing human well-beeing and biodiversity benefits.
EXAMPLES OF NATURE-BASED SOLUTIONS
Substainable forst mgmt.
Substainable pest mgmt.
These solutions can be very cost-efficient and powerful tools for smallholders, as they not only increase their resilience, but also their productivity – and hence income – and benefit the ecosystems they operate in.
CO-FOUNDER AND CO-CEO, GAWA CAPITAL
The role of technology
On the institutional level
- it facilitates the reduction of complexity in the agricultural risk analysis
- it enables the selection of the most suited nature-based solutions
- it supports the verification of green credits
On investor level
- it helps to provide standardized metrics
- it can report verified green credits
- it provides an ideal basis for dedicated refinancing products
Scale for Resilience asks its member institutions to leverage a digital MRV tool and embark on regular reporting to capture progress regarding formulated pledges.