December, 09. 2021
Official launch event of Scale for Resilience for Africa
On December 9, 2021, the official launch event of Scale for Resilience for Africa will take place. The initiative established by YAPU Solutions, CCAFS and GAWA Capital contributes to the overall goals of Race to Resilience of making 4 billion people more resilient by 2030 through a special approach: Scale for Resilience aims to facilitate this shift by unlocking capital towards Nature-based Solutions for the most vulnerable: smallholder farmers and rural communities.
The launch event will see contributions by
- Nigel Topping, High Level Climate Action Champion COP25 (tbc)
- Musondu Mumba, Chiedf, Terrestrial Ecosystem Unit (TEU), UNDP
- Deissy Martínez Baron, Regional Program Leader, CCAFS
- Luca Torre, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, GAWA Capital
- Christoph Jungfleisch, Founder and CEO, YAPU Solutions
as well as other members of the initiative.
Invited to join are (M)FIs, Investors and facilitators of all kinds, but united in the spirit that climate smart finance is the future and digital tools necessary to unlock capital for local adaptation.