MEbAMicrofinance for ecosystem-based adaptation
Beneficios de las alianzas con instituciones de microfinanzas
Key facts MEbA Phase II
Objectives of the MEbA project are:
- Increase the capacity of MFIs to finance EbA alternatives (Ecosystem-based adaptation).
- Strengthen the client's ability to implement adaptation options.
- Influencing national and international public policies to promote adaptation through microfinance.
Services delivered by YAPU
YAPU serves the role of main executing contractor, which entails:
- Development of Implementation methodology,
- Introduction of MFIs to climate resilient agricultural loans
- identifying potential focus EbA solutions in their areas of operations
- Development of EbA financial products or credit lines
- Adjustments to credit processes within MFIs, mostly supported by software
- Training to staff on adaptation to climate change
- Strengthening of partnerships with technical partners
- Execution of a pilot with each MFI and monitoring results
- Support in the development of a scale-up plan