EcoMicroAgricultural Finance and Smart Data for Climate Adaptation in Ecuador
Objectives of EcoMicro in Ecuador are:
- Identify the main climate threats and the most promising responses from a growing range of production and climate technologies for micro and small agricultural producers and rural communities.
- Diversify and modernize agricultural financial product offerings, and in particular, agricultural production, with a specific focus on climate and environmental issues. 0l>
Services delivered by YAPU
YAPU serves the role of main executing contractor, which entails:
- Development of Implementation methodology;
- institutional assessment of partner MFIs;
- development of climate smart strategy with institutions;
- identification and evaluation of climate solutions;
- development of climate smart financial products;
- development of the digital platform for credit assessment;
- pilot preparation with each MFI; support of pilot phase;
- communication and knowledge management.